Wednesday 27 June 2012

TSA grandfather ashes


TSA grandfather ashes - TSA workers are back in the news again after an alleged and very sad sounding disprespectful incident regarding a man carrying his grandfather's ashes.

TSA spills grandpa ashes laugh

TSA grandfather ashes
TSA grandfather ashes
John Gross says he was travelling on 19th June on a Express connecting flight to Newark and then onwards to his home Indianapolis when his bag was called for a bag check after going through an x-ray.
He alleges that a TSA officer opened a small jar containing his grandfathers ashes and spilled around a quarter of them onto the floor. As he was frantically trying to mop them up he says the lady was laughing, not chuckling, laughing!

Man wants TSA to apologize over ashes incident

The TSA doesn't need anymore bad publicity so if this turns out to be true (although that could be hard to be 100% sure on) the employee should be seriously reprimanded. John Gross says he wants a formal apology from the TSA which I am sure we can all fully respect.
The jar was marked Human Remains and should have been checked via an x-ray.
In an article from Seattle Times John said:
"I didn't want to cause a scene because I didn't want them to throw me off my flight or put me on the no-fly list," said Gross, 30, a restaurant manager. "It didn't really hit me until I got on the plane."
And on talking to a lady on the number sympathetic TSA officials gave him:
"She basically hung up on me because there was nothing she could do," Gross said. "I don't want anything. All I want is an apology. And I want to understand where they get off treating people like this."
And on his grandpa:
"My grandpa I'm sure is up there in heaven laughing about this. I'm wondering who stepped in his ashes and where they are now. Maybe a little bit made it to Cubs' stadium," Gross said. "You've got to laugh about it but when you get down to it, it's not a laughing matter."


Story republished from: http://therandomforest.com/tsa-grandfather-ashes/

No comments: