Tuesday 10 April 2007

Bye Bye Sitemeter

Debbie from Blatherings left a comment pointing to her article showing that Sitemeter was acting with a third party to track users so i've switched right away from that and taken her advice to use statcounter.com. On the face it looks pretty much the same as Sitemeter. My favourite bit is viewing a world map and seeing where all your recent visitors have come from!! I'm sure the novelty will wear off. At present my visits sit at around 30 and i'm sure i'm at least 10 of them, ha ha!!

3 comments:

cornyrex said...

KOOL blog!!!
~Zoe~

b-fabulous said...

I read your comment and deleted Sitemeter from my ebay store and now it won't accept statcounter so I tried to put Sitemeter back and it won't let me do that either! Ebay will now only accept html and no scripts. I'm so mad at myself for deleting the Sitemeter. Now I don't have a "real" counter for my ebay store :( Unless you have any suggestions on a work around.

Anonymous said...

Oh no that is awful!!

I almost forgot that this blog existed then I just saw your comment!

Hmm so it only accepts HTML...

Well when you are setting up the code in statcounter it gives you the option to select HTML only code... It would be worth trying that out.

Please send me an email at forest.parks@gmail.com so I can contact you when I find a better solution. Also please let me know the URL of your ebay store and I will see if there is any easy way to let it see Javascript.

My new blog is http://therandomforest.com if you fancy visiting.

Thanks and sorry,

Forest.