Wednesday 11 April 2007

Update

LOCATION: UK, My Flat, Plumstead

As you can see i've updated the header but friends have been asking me what the site actually is when i direct them so I have to think of a new strapline so it's obvious what the this site is all about.

I've also been reading various bits, swapped a few links and gained some help and tried installing various bits from feedblitz including a very handy subscription tool, so please subscribe if you want my blog by email. I'm still trying to fully work out what and how to use the blogroll and syndication list.

On donation... I decided to add this little link. It's hidden down under my profile at present and will stay there out of the way until I feel I have any content worth donating for then I will move it up near the top. The whole side bar is getting cluttered and unorganised so soon I will smarten everything up. The donation tool was easily added using paypal and since I already had an account I just set it up straight from that. The blogger template tool makes it really easy to add in code and stuff so i'm grateful that I don't have to fully undestand things at this early stage.

The Google Adsense and Textlink Ads buttons that have been newly added are more revenue making buttons. I don't know much about them as yet and not sure if i'll keep them. I guess if they generate anything they can stay.

Statcounter is working great. I open it about twice a second just so I can stare at the map and see where people have been looking from!!

I tried to contact the charity WWF about getting a free banner on my site but sadly they replied with the following email:

Thank you for your email.

We are happy for you to link to our website, however due to the many
requests we receive, we are unable to set up a reciprocal website link.
Please note that you are unable to use our logo, and that your link must
not imply any endorsement of your website on WWF’s behalf. I am sorry,
but we are unable to provide banners or photos for you to use for your
link.

Thank you for your interest in WWF.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Supporter Relations Coordinator

Supporter Relations Team

So I guess maybe what i'll do is start a small charity links column in the sidebar as i'd imagine most charities will reply with similar rules.

Hopefully this weekend i'll set up the Cafepress site and upload my first design. When this is in place i'll make sure to write a post about the signing up process and uploading and how I plan to promote my items.

I guess that's it all for now, been a pretty boring few days for blog info but interesting for my knowledge expansion. It's great to be getting comments and help from people I don't know. It means that the blog is working.

Blog soon,
Forest.

No comments: