Saturday 7 July 2007

Helium - My first impressions

Yesterday whilst playing around with my blog and trying to get my new business website up and running I finally visited a site that I had seen in Adsense adverts for a long time called Helium.

As i'm sure many of you already know Helium is another review site where anyone can contribute and theoretically earn cash for doing so. I was intrigued so signed up immediately and so far have written 2 reviews. The reviews are rated by other users and go up or down in the overall rankings of the subject you have chosen to write in.

I know I won't be able to earn much from this site as have had a quick flick around the net and found that other people have said that it's more of a fun thing so I hope it will be a great opportunity for me to write on fun subjects read other peoples reviews and hopefully, the ultimate goal, improve my writing.

My articles so far can be found here:
http://www.helium.com/tm/443465/firstly-sauce-revelation-mighty
http://www.helium.com/tm/441955/transformers-movie-first-movie

The Pasta sauce one started out at number 10 of 19 yesterday and to my surprise has already leaped up to number 4 so maybe i'll earn a few pennies for this!!
The Transformers review was an off the cuff not really thinking about it jot of text and has stuck fast at 11 of 33 since it was written.

So i'll make sure that I definitely keep everyone posted of my new articles (probably will post 5 or so at a time) and any earning I receive.

This has also renewed my thoughts of going back to a site that I posted reviews on a few years ago called www.ciao.co.uk so when I get a chance i'll have to find my old login details and see if I have earned any money there and if it's still a good site to post on. If anyone knows of any other good sites for this kind of thing please let me know as right at this second I feel that I just wanna keep writing small things but am lacking a little in inspiration.

Bye bye for now.

1 comment:

Pablothehat said...

Hi Forest..I too submit articles to the Helium site, though not for a while. I also am a ciao member and have put a few there too.
Ciao is ok but I find getting surveys via them which they estimate taking 50 mins to complete and pay you 0.51 UKP a bit of an insult. No way!
I have around 30 articles on the Helium site which are doing ok'ish', around 1.50 USD a week, but you are doing better than I from Adsence. Had about about 1 USD since joining!
It's a slow process trying to make money from the net, if it can be done at all, apart from the elites.
I will put a link to you site on mine if that helps.
Pablo.